This one-day workshop presents research in physiology, biomechanics and injury prevention. Also covered are skills for
cueing, using music and building combinations. 5 CEUs for AFAA certified professionals.
WHAT IS IT?
An intensive one-day review of both the theoretical and practical knowledge
and skills necessary for safe and effective instruction of Step training.
- Research and scientific background in physiology and biomechanics
- Step terminology
- Verbal and visual cueing skills
- Step pattern choreography and sequencing
- Instructional skills and techniques
WHO IS IT FOR?
For new and experienced Step instructors.
- AFAA Primary Group Exercise Certification
- Step Skills & Choreography or Step Teaching Skills Home Study
- One-year experience teaching Step
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The workshop fee is $239* (less 10% for current AFAA members. Corporate affiliate discounts may not be combined).
This fee includes:
- Step Certification Study Guide (shipping additional)
- Full one-day AFAA Step Certification Review
- Certification examinations (written & practical)
- Certificate and wallet card upon successful completion of exams and proof of CPR/AED certification
- One year AFAA membership ($68 value) or membership extension to current
members and a print or digital subscription to American Fitness magazine (does not include postage to
addresses outside of the U.S.)
- AFAA Step Certified Instructor certificate and I.D. card (upon successful
completion of both examinations)
- AFAA certified professionals who wish to register only for CEU credit pay a workshop fee of $75. Receive 5 CEUs.
*Fee does not include study material
- Step Training: A Manual for Instructors (2010) $39
- Practice Test for Step Certification (2010) $20