Accreditation and National Boards.
Build your career on a solid foundation with AFAA... (more)
AFAA is the world's largest fitness and TeleFitness® educator. Since 1983, AFAA has issued over 350,000 certifications in 73 countries, including personal trainer certification and group exercise instructor certification (both available onsite at your facility and online www.afaa.com). Kickboxing certification and Step Certification are available onsite. AFAA also provides continuing education onsite and online with specialty workshops including Practical Pilates™, Practical Yoga Instructor Training, Indoor Cycling and KickBoxing. Additionally, AFAA is pleased to offer Live Online AFAA Approved Provider Workshops like Jillian Michaels - BODYSHRED, Arthritis Foundation Walk With Ease?, and Power Music | Group Rx RIP. Each year, health clubs and studios host over 3,000 educational workshops nationwide.
Please continue to read on and learn more about what AFAA has to offer.
As the world's largest fitness educator, AFAA delivers comprehensive cognitive and practical education for fitness professionals, grounded in industry research, using both traditional and innovative modalities. AFAA upholds Basic Exercise Standards and Guidelines for safe fitness practice.
The goals of AFAA are to:
- serve the AFAA fitness professional by developing programs and certifications beneficial to and of interest for the fitness industry;
- enhance the working development of fitness professionals by facilitating opportunities for learning and individual growth;
- establish standards and guidelines for the delivery of quality and professional fitness services and business practices, as well as the development of ethics statements for AFAA fitness professionals;
- collaborate with public and private industries on the development of programs and services to increase the awareness of fitness education and its benefits to individuals and communities;
- network with other industry organizations to advance the knowledge of fitness education and professional practices by initiating and disseminating research findings.