The Wave Workout™ Certification
The Wave Workout™, sponsored by Lifewaves®, is an innovative
natural workout approach that bases training principles on the dual
concepts of both exercise and recovery. As part of The Wave Workout
Certification program, the client exercises for brief bursts of exertion
(usually less than 1 minute) then rests until his or her heart rate
stabilizes. Each pattern, referred to as a cycle, is repeated four to
seven times and makes up The Wave Workout. The Wave Workout Certification
consists of two parts, an online component followed by a Wave Workout
workshop component. Successful completion of both online and Wave Workout
components will earn you 7 CEUs.
Prerequisites for The Wave Workout: Current AFAA certification
required, as well as current CPR before certification is issued.
What Is The Wave Workout?
The Wave Workout™ Certification consists of 2 parts:
1. An intensive online (Internet) course divided into four chapters:
the first three chapters are followed by a corresponding interactive
The Wave Workout online curriculum covers:
- Cycles vs. Intervals
- Benefits of Cyclic Exercise
- History, background and origins of The Wave Workout™
- Solutions to known and emerging problems with "Excessive Endurance
- Benefits of physical variability and heart rate variability
- Toxicity issues related to decreased physical variability
- Exercise and Circadian Rhythms
- Exploration into the differences between Cycles, Rhythms and Waves
- Eating patterns and sleep cycles as related to exercise and wellness
- Program implementation for healthy clients in AFAA's "Yellow Zone*"
2. An intensive three-hour Wave Workout Certification workshop with
a written and practical exam (taking place after the online course
is completed). The online course must be completed prior to the
certification workshop. (Allow 1 week for completion of online course.)
Who Is The Wave Workout For?
The Wave Workout is for serious fitness professional who work either
in a one-on-one or in a group format with clients. This revolutionary
workout is ideal for those healthy individuals as well as for those
participants in the "Yellow Zone*" determined by AFAA's patented Fitness
Prerequisites for The Wave Workout: Current AFAA certification required. Current
CPR before Wave Workout certification is issued.
What Does The Wave Workout Certification Cost?
The Wave Workout workshop fee is $149.
This fee includes:
- Wave Workout Study Guide
- Online portion (must be completed prior to 3-hour workshop)
- 3-hour Wave Workout workshop
- One-year AFAA membership ($68 value) or membership extender to
current members (includes TeleFitness® access number)
- Subscription to American Fitness magazine (does not include
postage to addresses outside of the U.S.)
- 7 CEUs to AFAA certified professionals when the course is fully
completed and passed
*According to AFAA's exercise risk identifier system, the color "yellow"
indicates that an exercise risk is present, and , even though your
client has received physician's clearance, he/she must still proceed
with caution. For a free trial of AFAA's patented fitness assessment
system (Fitness Triage®), visit www.afaa.yourbody.com.