What is AFAA's Personal Trainer Certification?
A three-day certification workshop including lectures, practical demonstrations and written and practical exams. This course will help prepare you for both AFAA's Personal Trainer Certification and the Personal Trainer National Boards. The curriculum includes:
- Anatomy and kinesiology
- Fitness assessment testing procedures (3-minute Step test, sit-and-reach, push-up, abdominal crunch, body composition screening with skin-fold caliper measurement)
- Nutrition fundamentals and weight management
- Special populations and medical considerations
- Listening, leadership and motivational skills
- Exercise programming in the weight room
- Wellness programming and screening guidelines
WHO IS AFAA'S PERSONAL TRAINER CERTIFICATION FOR?
For the aspiring and experienced fitness professional working one-on-one with exercise clients.
- Early registration and pre-study is required.
- Weightroom/weight training experience is strongly recommended.
WHAT DOES AFAA'S PERSONAL TRAINER CERTIFICATION COST?
The Personal Trainer workshop fee is $499* (less a 10% discount for current AFAA members). This fee includes:
- 3-day Certification Workshop
- Personal Trainer Certification Study Guide
- One-year AFAA membership ($68 value) or membership extension to current members and a subscription to American Fitness magazine (print or digital). Price does not include postage to addresses outside the U.S.
- AFAA Certified Personal Trainer certificate and I.D. card (upon successful completion of both written and practical examinations) CPR/AED certification required before certificate is issued.
For AFAA certified professionals who wish to register for CEU credit only, not for certification, the workshop fee is $255. Receive 15 CEUs.
*Fee does not include the recommended Personal Training: Theory and Practice textbook (2010) ($69 plus shipping).
As the world's largest fitness and TeleFitness® educatortm, Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) has issued more than 300,000 certifications to fitness professionals from 73 countries around the world since 1983. Each year more than 3,000 workshops are hosted by health clubs and studios across the nation.
AFAA's certifications and workshops are recognized throughout the world in many languages. To inquire about hosting or attending a workshop outside of the United States, please contact our international programming department. Call toll free from the U.K. (0-800-89-50-56); Canada and Mexico (1-800-225-2322); all other intercontinental callers, please dial (1-818-905-0040), or fax us at (1-818-990-5468).