|Golden Hearts™: Senior Fitness Training|
WHAT IS IT?
This one-day, live online program covers the essentials of designing and teaching fitness programs for seniors, whether for group fitness or one-on-one training. Upon completion, you will have a basic understanding of the older adult population, physiological changes that occur with aging, the role exercise plays in chronic disease management and exercise program design specifics—all necessary components in developing safe and effective exercise programs for the older adult population, from the healthy active to the sedentary individual. No exercise equipment is necessary. Exercises will be demonstrated utilizing a variety of portable fitness equipment.
Program highlights include:
- A global look at the aging population
- Barriers and motivators to physical activity
- Brief review of physiological changes with age
- Case scenarios
- Staying competitive in today’s market
- Latest exercise tools and techniques and more!
AFAA's new LQA System™ (patent pending) provides participants with a truly interactive experience. This unique live question and answer system will enable participants to receive answers from subject-matter experts in real time throughout the program.
WHO IS IT FOR?
For fitness professionals and health educators who are interested in or presently working with the older adult population and senior fitness enthusiasts.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The program fee is $129 (less 10% discount for current AFAA members. Corporate affiliate discounts may not be combined).
This fee includes:
- One-day Live Online Program
- Downloadable PDF Workshop Program
- One-year AFAA membership ($68 value) or membership extension to current members and a print or digital subscription to American Fitness magazine (does not include postage to addresses outside the U.S.)
- 5 CEUs to AFAA Certified Instructors
- Compatible with any Flash-enabled computer, laptop or tablet
- Speakers or headphones/earbuds
- No microphone needed
If you have a disability and require special accommodations at an AFAA program, please call 800-446-2322 x213 in advance.
Golden Hearts™: Senior Fitness Training