WHAT IS IT?
Group strength training has evolved to include a wide variety of class formats, workloads, training techniques and conditioning goals. This one-day interactive workshop redefines resistance training in the class setting. Course highlights include: program design, exercise sequencing, training variables, exercise science, use of various equipment and practical skills needed to design and instruct creative, effective and well-balanced, Group Resistance Training classes. Ideal for group exercise instructors as well as personal trainers interested in teaching resistance training in a group setting. Program highlights include:
- Exercise science and research
- Program design
- Exercise sequencing
- Training variables
- Muscle balancing
- Exercise evaluation
- Applied training skills
- Instructional technologies
- Injury prevention
WHO IS IT FOR?
For personal trainers, group exercise instructors and exercise enthusiasts.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The workshop fee is $129 (less 10% discount for current AFAA members. Corporate affiliate discounts may not be combined).
This fee includes:
- One-day workshop
- Workshop manual (distributed at workshop)
- 5 CEUs for AFAA certified instructors
- One-year AFAA membership ($68 value) or membership extension to current members and a print or digital subscription to American Fitness magazine (does not include postage to addresses outside of the U.S.)