Available for workshops prior to October 2, 2006.
For workshops after October 2, 2006 please see Personal Fitness Trainer Certification v3.
WHAT IS IT?
A three-day certification workshop including lectures,
practical demonstrations and written and practical exams.
The curriculum includes:
- Anatomy and kinesiology
- Fitness assessment testing procedures (3-minute Step test, sit-and-reach,
push-up, abdominal crunch, body composition screening with skin-fold caliper
- Nutrition fundamentals and weight management
- Special populations and medical considerations
- Listening, leadership and motivational skills
- Exercise programming in the weight room
- Wellness programming and screening guidelines
WHO IS IT FOR?
For the aspiring and experienced fitness professional working
one-on-one with exercise clients.
- Early registration and pre-study is required.
- Weightroom/weight training experience is strongly recommended.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The workshop fee is $439* (less a 10% discount for current
AFAA members). This fee includes:
- 3-day Certification Workshop
- Personal Fitness Trainer Certification Study Guide
- One-year AFAA membership ($68 value) or membership extension
to current members and a subscription to American Fitness magazine
(does not include postage to addresses outside the U.S.)
- AFAA Certified Personal Fitness Trainer certificate and I.D. card
(upon successful completion of both written and practical examinations) CPR certification required
before certificate is issued.
For AFAA certified professionals who wish to register for CEU credit only,
not for certification, the workshop fee is $245. Receive 15 CEUs.
*Fee does not include the recommended A Guide to Personal Fitness
Training textbook ($39 plus shipping).