The Wave Workout™, sponsored by Lifewaves®, is an innovative
natural workout approach that bases training principles on the dual concepts
of both exercise and recovery. As part of the program, the client exercises
for brief bursts at high intensity (usually less than one minute) then rests until
his or her heart rate stabilizes. Each pattern, referred to as a cycle,
is repeated four to seven times and makes up The Wave Workout™. This certification
consists of two parts, an online component followed by a workshop component.
Successful completion of both parts will earn you 7 CEUs.
WHAT IS IT?
The Wave Workout™" Certification consists of two parts:
1. An intensive online (Internet) course divided into four chapters:
the first three chapters are followed by a corresponding interactive quiz.
The online curriculum covers:
- Cycles vs. Intervals
- Benefits of Cyclic Exercise
- History, background and origins of The Wave Workout™"
- Solutions to known and emerging problems with "Excessive Endurance Exercise"
- Benefits of physical variability and heart rate variability
- Toxicity issues related to decreased physical variability
- Exercise and Circadian Rhythms
- Exploration into the differences between Cycles, Rhythms and Waves
- Eating patterns and sleep cycles as related to exercise and wellness
- Program implementation for healthy clients in AFAA's "Yellow Zone*"
2. An intensive three-hour certification workshop with a written and practical
exam (taking place after the online course is completed). The online
course must be completed prior to the certification workshop. (Allow one week for
completion of online course.)
WHO IS IT FOR?
The serious fitness professional who works either in a one-on-one or in a group format
with clients. This revolutionary workout is ideal for those healthy individuals as
well as for those participants in the "Yellow Zone*" determined by AFAA's patented
Fitness Triage evaluation.
Prerequisites: Current AFAA certification required. Current CPR certification
before certification is issued.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The workshop fee is $149.
This fee includes:
- Study Guide
- Online portion (must be completed prior to 3-hour workshop)
- 3-hour workshop
- One-year AFAA membership ($68 value) or membership extender to current members
and a subscription to American Fitness magazine (does not include
postage to addresses outside of the U.S.)
- 7 CEUs to AFAA certified professionals when the course is fully completed and passed
*According to AFAA's exercise risk identifier system, the color "yellow" indicates that an
exercise risk is present, and, even though your client has received physician's clearance,
he/she must still proceed with caution. For a free trial of AFAA's patented fitness assessment
system (Fitness Triage®), visit www.yourbody.com.