WHAT IS IT?
Creative and effective strength training can be taught without
a weight room. This one-day workshop will teach you how to design a progressive muscle
conditioning class, add variety to basic exercises and focus on innovation and safety.
Learn to incorporate strength training into your classroom setting with the
use of tubing and light weights. Class includes:
- Muscle isolation
- Exercise specificity
- Supersetting and other techniques
- Updated research: weight loss, metabolism, benefits
- Injury prevention
WHO IS IT FOR?
For instructors who currently teach, or are interested in teaching strength
training in a classroom format.
AFAA Primary Group Exercise Certification or,
Exercise Science Fundamentals Home Study
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The workshop fee is $129 (less 10% discount for current AFAA members).
This fee includes:
- One-day workshop
- AFAA Standards & Guidelines for Weighted Workouts
- 5 CEUs for AFAA certified instructors
- One-year AFAA membership ($68 value) or membership extension to current
members and a subscription to American Fitness magazine (does not include postage to
addresses outside of the U.S.)