WHAT IS IT?
This one-day workshop focuses on AFAA's Standards and Guidelines
for Perinatal Exercise. Curriculum covers fetal growth and development, labor
and delivery, obstetrical complications, physiology of pregnancy, hormonal
changes, cardiorespiratory changes, metabolic and endocrine factors, nutritional
needs, risk factors, relative and absolute contraindications, warning signs
You will be introduced to the following topics:
- Physiology of pregnancy
- Fetal growth and development
- Labor and delivery
- Nutritional needs
- Exercise considerations
- Risk factors, warning signs and symptoms
- Relative and absolute contraindications
WHO IS IT FOR?
For instructors as well as pregnant women in need of a safe and effective
AFAA Primary Group Exercise Certification or
Exercise Science Fundamentals Home study
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The workshop fee is $129 (less 10% discount for current AFAA members).
This fee includes:
- One-day workshop
- AFAA's Standards and Guidelines for Perinatal Exercise
- One-year AFAA membership ($68 value) or membership extension to current
members and a print or digital subscription to
American Fitness magazine (does not include postage to
addresses outside of the U.S.)
- 5 CEUs for AFAA certified instructors (also approved for Registered Nurse
Specialty workshops offer 5 CEUs for AFAA certified professionals.